Update (May 2020)
Now accepting applications.
Partnering directly with skilled attorneys, our legal interns get an inside look into one of America’s largest and most infamous criminal justice systems. As part of our intern program, you can expect to encounter an unparalleled variety and depth of criminal defense litigation. Apply today for the unique opportunity to engage in one of the most exciting and meaningful practices of law.
What do PDO Legal Interns do?
- Appear in court each morning
- Visit jails and crime scenes
- Learn about public policy, civil rights, and social justice
- Connect with defense lawyers, DAs, and judges
- Analyze scene videos and police reports
- Real-world legal research and writing
- Assist lawyers in trial
- Attend lawyer seminars and events
Who should apply?
Applicants are preferred to be:
- Interested in criminal defense
- 2L or 3L law students or 1L with relevant experience
- Available at least 18 hrs / 3 days per week during Spring or Fall semesters
- Available at least 24 hrs / 4 days per week for at least 9 consecutive weeks during Summer semester
We strive to instill an advanced understanding of criminal defense and a compassion for citizens accused. As a PDO intern, you will have the unique opportunity to engage in one of the most exciting and meaningful practices of law.
|Application Period||Orientation Meeting|
|Summer||January - April||Thursday after Memorial Day|
|Fall||May - August||Thursday after Labor Day|
|Spring||September - December||Thursday after MLK Day|
*Dates subject to change. Apply according to the instructions on the application form. Interviews are held on a rolling basis. If you need notification by a date-certain, indicate deadline within your cover letter.
Questions? Email Us HCPDO Internship
Please thoroughly review the Intern Application and follow the directions to apply for an internship.